Highly Integrated Ethernet + SAN Framer/Mapper for OC-48/STM-16 SONET/SDH Transport (TXC-16742)
The EtherPHAST™-48 Platinum, the latest addition to the TranSwitch portfolio of Ethernet-over-Sonet/SDH (EoS) mappers, is the only available device that implements the latest additions to the Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) protocol, as defined by the March 2006 ITU G.7042 recommendation. It is a highly integrated EoS framer-mapper that achieves optimal price performance in mapping GE, FE, Packets (PPP/HDLC), DVB-ASI, ESCON and Fibre Channel traffic into SONET/SDH. Using its seamless interface to the Envoy™ product family, it offers the optimized solution for MSPP / MSAN systems to support the emerging Provider Backbone Bridging (PBBN) and Provider Backbone Transport (PBT) networks. The device can be used in EoS/SAN/Packet tributary or network boards in CWDM, DWDM, MSAN, uMSPPs, MSPP, Routers, Ethernet Terminal Mux and Ethernet broadband backhaul platforms (EPON/GPON) where client flexibility and performance for multi-service is critical. Encapsulation mechanisms supported include GFP-F, GFP-T, PPP/BCP, LAPS X.85, PPP/HDLC, and LAPS X.86. EtherPHAST™-48 Pt has a line side SONET/SDH interface which can operate as a single STS-48/STM-16 channel or four independent STS-12/STM-4 channels. Full POH processing and monitoring are provided, along with contiguous, virtual concatenation support (VCAT).
EtherPHAST-48 Platinum has four terminal side interfaces which can be independently configured for GMII, 6x SMII, TBI (Ten Bit Interface), 8B/10B SerDes operation, or as a single 32-bit, 24-port multi-protocol packet interface (MPI). Over-subscription for mapping of four Gigabit Ethernet streams with flow control into a single VCG is supported via GFP-F Linear mode. A parallel add/drop telecom bus at 4x OC-12/4x STM-4 rates allows for port expansion or adding/dropping of TDM traffic. The telecom bus may also be setup as an alternate MPI interface.
This all-in-one framer/mapper has many diverse features including extensive path grooming, SONET/SDH TOH/SOH, high order path termination/processing, non-blocking STS-1/VC-3 cross connect with payload alignment, Virtual Concatenation, and LCAS. The quad parallel telecom bus supports protection and rapid implementation of multi-service designs.
- Temp. Range: Industrial (-40C to +85C)
- Power: 4.9 W (Max)
- Voltage: 1.2V/2.5V, 3.3V Tolerant
- Package: 844-Pin SFCBGA (33mm x 33mm)
- JTAG Boundary Scan (IEEE 1149.1™)
- Intel/Motorola Compatible Message Mailbox
- Four Parallel Telecom Buses 19.44 MHz or 77.76 MHz
- SONET/SDH 4x 622 Mbps
- Multi-service Packet Interface (MPI)
- Four Independent: GMII, TBI, 1.25 – 3.125 Gbps SerDes, 6x SMII
- Host API and on-chip RISC-based Device Driver
- Non-blocking STS-1/VC-3 Cross Connect with Payload Alignment
- SONET/SDH, TOH/SOH, and HO/LO Path Overhead (POH) Termination and Processing
- SONET/SDH NNI Framer, (One OC-48/STM-16 or Four Independent OC-12/STM-4)
- High-order Mapping, Cross Connect, CCAT, VCAT, LCAS
- GE, FC100/200, DVB-ASI, FICON, ESCON, FE Clients
- Four Gigabit Ethernet and 24 Fast Ethernet MACs
- Supports GFP-F (null and linear), GFP-T, LAPS and PPP