2.5G Integrated Framer, Scalable VT Cross Connect for Metro and Access Networks (TXC-06965)
The PHAST®-48V is a highly integrated SONET/SDH framer that processes and grooms virtual tributaries. The device integrates multiple functions including framing, regenerator/ section and multiplexer/line overhead termination and generation, high-order pointer tracking and retiming and SPE path overhead processing and performance monitoring. Any or all high- level paths can be selected for virtual tributary internal processing. PHAST®-48V’s feature set is completed by an integrated scalable strictly non-blocking cross connect with both VC-3/STS-1 and virtual tributary granularity. Network reliability is enhanced by the framer’s hardware-based SONET/SDH network protection mechanisms.
High-speed interfaces with integrated SerDes are supported for connection to other high-speed grooming devices. The carrier’s system architecture is greatly simplified by the internal strictly non-blocking cross connect that permits full system scalability without any external switching components. System OAM&P is made easier through high-level, portable software APIs.
A fully functional Device Driver is available through TranSwitch Applications Engineering.
- Complete Performance Monitoring for All Virtual Tributaries
- Hardware – High/Low-order Cross Connect Up to 40G Traffic
- Hardware – OC-48/STM-16 Framing, Pointer-tracking and Retiming
- Hardware – TOH, POH Termination and Generation Function
- Hardware – Low-order Pointer Tracking, Processing and Generation
- Hardware – Integrated SerDes with Clock, Data and Clock Synthesis
- Hardware – UPSR/SNCP High/Low-order Protection Support
- Hardware – BLSR/MSPRing Protection Support
- Software – High-level API-based Device Driver
- Data Path – 1 x OIF/ETFI-5 @ 2.5/3.11 Gbps (APS)
- Data Path – 4 x 622 MHz Clock and Data
- Data Path – 15 x ETFI-5 @ 3.11 Gbps
- Microprocessor – Motorola Compatible (32-Bit, 33/66 MHz)
- JTAG Boundary Scan (IEEE 1149.1™)